What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

South Florida Sport Aviation Seat Install

Jasonm

Well Known Member
I recently installed a set of leather seats from South Florida Sport Aviation and wanted to share my thoughts and results with everyone.

First off, I am in no way affiliated with SFSA other than a customer. I ordered my seats from their website and followed up with an email to Eliane to make sure the embroidered logo wouldn't be applied to my seats. Elaine and the staff there were great to make sure my request was followed. I did have to wait a few weeks longer than normal due to this being a custom order, which I was ok with. When I received the seats I was floored at the quality. The install process was very straight forward, even for someone with no upholstery skills. Let's face it, if you can build a plane, you can install these seats. Here are a few (big) pictures of the seats before I covered my front frames and just after I finished the install. The last few pictures show them in the plane after removing the wrinkles with a steamer.

I hope this brief write up helps others when looking for interiors. And thank you to everyone at SFSA for making this happen.

Here's a link to the album.
https://goo.gl/photos/cKku6FfWbcGdtgF98

Last edited:
They look amazing, I have the same for my plane but I still do not install them. Congratulations from chile

If I understand correctly, the front seats are just the covers and the rears are the complete 60/40 rear seat with foam? How long did it take to receive from order to receipt?( i under special order with no logo).

Thanks

If I understand correctly, the front seats are just the covers and the rears are the complete 60/40 rear seat with foam? How long did it take to receive from order to receipt?( i under special order with no logo).

Thanks

Correct, the rear seats arrive ready to install. You'll need to provide the hook and loop strips. The front seats are just the covers that you will install over your existing foam. SFSA should have provided you with a link to their installation instructions. Read it over carefully since you will be making cuts in the foam and drilling small holes through the sheet aluminum.

Elaine was kind enough to send me a short video from her phone and provided me with a tip about adding foam to the backs of the front seats. I purchased 1/2" foam that I applied to the entire seat back frame and 1/4" foam that I wrapped up the sides. This way you won't feel the metal frame of the seat when the rear passengers enter or exit the aircraft. Makes the seats a little thicker to.

All in all it took roughly 5 weeks for the seats and covers to arrive since they got stuck in customs but Elaine and SFSA were great about pushing it through and keeping me updated.

After reading your post Jason I checked out their website and see they have a complete interior kit. Is there anyone with knowledge of that kit, which includes, carpet, side panels, center console, etc?

I'm thinking it might take a lot of the quess work out of choosing interior finish parts to order them as a kit.

I just posted pics of the full interior I received. Search the forums for South Florida Sport Aviation. Great products.

After reading your post Jason I checked out their website and see they have a complete interior kit. Is there anyone with knowledge of that kit, which includes, carpet, side panels, center console, etc?

I'm thinking it might take a lot of the quess work out of choosing interior finish parts to order them as a kit.

I recently purchased pretty much a full interior kit, less the center console, and no AC. While at Sun and Fun this year I made a visit to their shop and picked up the interior kit to save me some $ on shipping. Eliane was always very helpful and quick to respond with my many questions. It is some work to get fully installed but the result is very nice and I am very happy. Here are some photos of my interior: Hopefully this will work?

wDbBxJ55n1ZvAwKH9

uVTq5SgK8NyYgFc79

STQc1gjaobZcY8H57

9Hynm6GWP3dtPKTL6

ia8tYNnjSkvKy4vh8

Link isn't working for me. Takes me to a generic amazon page.

Any idea on how much does the interior/overhead console/ AC weigh?

Yep. I can see the pix now also.

Thanks

How did you get a hold of these guys? The website doesn't work. Call them? The facebook page looks old and not used frequently

Back