- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > Glass Cockpit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Anglin View Post
I would like to fallow-up on this last post as it sparked a question along these lines. Are you telling us that with one of the audio panels that has blue tooth, that it would be better than buying a new headset, because the phone would connect with the audio panel and you can make calls, listen to music and have all onboard in on the listening and talking? This sounds like a better solution and place to spend the money than that of a new headset to me as I know we now have several audio panels that are slide-in replacements for the older units and that have blue tooth capacity.
Thanks for any comments with regard to this. Yours, R.E.A. III # 80888
Yep, the bee's knees all the way around.
RV8 Building - fuselage / showplanes canopy (Done!)
Old 11-05-2018, 12:32 PM

Default Thanks.

Thanks guys. After I read these posts above I remembered that Garmin has up-dated its GMA-340 to a GMA-345c, that has some new facets to it. So I looked it up. We just happen to have a 340 in our panel on the 8. I like what I read and that, I think will be a lot better than a new head set. I like to fly with a number of different head sets in that bird, including a GUH-68P from time to time. Looks like I need to save a few more pennies for next spring and plan to sell the 340. Good job, keep it up. Yours as always, R.E.A. III # 80888
Old 11-05-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump4way View Post
has anyone come up with a good way to integrate bluetooth in to an existing radio/audio panel?

I'm using the GTR200. I currently have the audio input tied up with an aux audio 3.5mm jack which I plug my iPhone in to. I would love to either go cordless completely or ideally, have the option to either plug in or use bluetooth. I'm sure the best way is to wire in an audio panel but to be honest, I don't feel like tearing the panel apart to rewire all of that at this point.

My thought was to try wiring in something like this... https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136911...gaAoYMEALw_wcB

I'm not sure how to go about wiring this in. Would I need an audio mixer to combine the signals in to one audio input?

Try one of these, I have one in the car and one in the RV, plugs right into a 3.5mm aux jack and streams bluetooth audio from your phone. Lasts close to 10 hours on a charge, super easy to use, no wiring at all, and only $15!

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...=aux+bluetooth

RV7 #72018 N767T first flight 11/21/2017 170+ hrs.
IO-360M1B MT 3 blade, Dual AFS 5600.
1941 J3 Cub skis floats.
2019 dues gladly paid.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm757 View Post
Try one of these, I have one in the car and one in the RV, plugs right into a 3.5mm aux jack and streams bluetooth audio from your phone. Lasts close to 10 hours on a charge, super easy to use, no wiring at all, and only $15!

Thanks Jake. I tried one of those types and the sound quality was poor. For $15, I'll give this one a try. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:20 PM

Just a quick follow up. The linked device worked great for my needs. The sound quality is quite a bit better than the other unit I tried. You really can't beat it for the price. Thanks again Jake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm757 View Post

Old 11-12-2018, 10:11 PM

Default PS Engineering PAR100EX

... works like a champ. Music, calls, etc bluetooth connected to it. Mixed through the PAR audio panel side. For headsets, I used Bose QC35/UFlyMike combo plugged in to conventional headset jacks. Excellent sound quality.
KFYE Memphis, TN
Old 11-13-2018, 06:36 AM

Default Hearing Aids

You can get Bluetooth-enabled hearing aids, too!