Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-27-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9GT View Post
Does this actually re-boot the EFIS or just toggle in and out of config mode?
I have had to re-boot my G3X system a couple times in flight as it locked up when it was drawing the map. I had to shut down my panel which turned all avionics off to re-boot. Thought I might just add a momentary push button "off" switch on the panel to do this.
I am having the same symptoms with my g3x non touch. Not only is the gps very slow to paint but all mfd functions (not the pfd ADARHS although) are slow to operate and intermittently lags severely. I just updated the database and no improvement. The cold weather has never been a problem for me in the past two years of operation. Did you ever find the cause of your issues? Thanks
Old 10-27-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsrv7.com View Post
I am having the same symptoms with my g3x non touch. Not only is the gps very slow to paint but all mfd functions (not the pfd ADARHS although) are slow to operate and intermittently lags severely. I just updated the database and no improvement. The cold weather has never been a problem for me in the past two years of operation. Did you ever find the cause of your issues? Thanks
Kevin,
Several of the posts in this thread are several years old. The fastest way to track this down is to contact us directly via email at the below address. Please include any recent system changes, components connected to the MFD and the software version you are running. If you have a recent datalog, please also provide that.
Thanks,
Levi
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsrv7.com View Post
Yes, I got the bug worked out with the help of the g3xperts. IIRC, the 8.5 update fixed the issue. I sold the plane with all the records a couple years ago so I can't verify, but if my memory is correct, the g3xpert figured the 8.4 may have been corrupt. It never acted up again.

RV-9A: Under Construction. N161RV (Reserved)
RV-10: N959RV Completed 12/29/2013 SOLD 08/23/2016

"Donor Exempt" but donated through Dec. 2018
Old 10-28-2018, 07:09 PM

Thanks guys for the response