What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GordonV

I'm New Here
As you can see this is my first post, so a little introduction is in order.

But first I would like to thank Doug Reeves for this amazing website and all you members for contributing, sharing your knowledge and remaining civil even when you don?t agree with each other.

I just bought an unfinished RV-4 project from 1988. I will be the third owner.
The tail feathers are finished. The wing is ready except for riveting the top skin on, which has been left off for the official inspection. The fuselage, electrical, avionics and engine is up to me. Luckily it came with a steel fuselage jig.
General workmanship seems to be good, but there is some filiform corrosion on some of the Alclad sheets.

I am based in Annecy France and sadly enough the home builders around here build wooden planes, so I do feel a little lost/overwhelmed. I am going to try to involve the kids, 10, 12 and 14 as much as possible in the build.

The shop still has to be finished, together with some other work around the house, so I am still a little away from drilling that first hole.

If you allow me one ?complaint?, is that some of the older threads are difficult to follow because of missing pictures and drawings. I understand the reason and that there is no easy solution.

I am looking forward to the adventure.

Gordon van de Bilt

Welcome Sir!!!!

Bonjour Gordon. Bienvenue sur le site.

Welcome to the greatest hobby on Earth! Thanks for joining and looking forward to your RV adventures!

v/r,dr

Last edited:
Hi Gordon, and welcome!

Transited thru Annecy about 2 months ago on my way to Barcelonnette. Good ATC and service, fantastic scenery :)
Fuselage steel jig? I built one when getting ready for the fuse of my -4 too many moons ago, and gave it away when finished... wonder what has become of it.

Good luck with your build, it?ll keep you occupied for a while, and the -4 still is the best looking RV :D

PS
Kinda funny how some automatically associate your country of residence with your citizenship...

Back