What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Saint Aviation Quality

RickSolana

I posted over a year ago, after I had returned from Ecuador, about building my RV-10 with Jesse Saint's builder assist program. Now, I have completed the wiring and panel installation with Jesse in Florida, have done the final assembly, engine installation, and interior installation at my home airport, and have completed the test flying. The plane has been flying for a year with over 140 hours.

Working with Jesse's Florida crew was as satisfying as working with Galo and the great crew in Ecuador. Got a lot done, learned a lot, and the quality of the work was super.

Flight testing was no different of a process than when I did it for my RV-6a 20 years ago (no surprise). You make a punch list as you go and fix things as fast as you find things. The bugs are all worked out now and what a great plane.

Having flown many places, including Sun N Fun and Oshkosh, I have to share that the compliments I get on the plane are unending. I am a pretty particular builder (even won an award for my -6a), but I am terrible at painting and don't enjoy fiberglass work. I give full credit to Galo and his crew in Ecuador for the gorgeous paint job, and the masterful work on the fiberglass when prepping for paint.

On the interior, Jesse worked with me to design a wonderful, cutting edge panel. Geoff at Aerosport Products not only made beautiful interior parts, but was a great help with install and color selection.

I love this plane!

Back