What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 builders in Texas...

whitaken

I'm New Here
My wife and I are strongly considering starting a RV-10 build in the next 2 years as we move to "empty-nester-hood". I've been vested with the research beforehand and would like to be able to pick the brain or get a up close view of a -10 (or ANY project being built or already completed). This is mainly to get the wife more on board, excited, etc...

Thanks in advance,

Nate

Welcome to VAF

Nate, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Pecan Plantation has a few 10s, and lots of other RVs.

0TX1

Nate, we have 4 flying RV10s, 2 flying RV14s, a number of RV7s and a couple newly started RV10 projects at Pecan Plantation, 0TX1, southwest of Fort Worth. Let me know if you are interested in visiting and I will help coordinate a visit to any that are available.

Gents - thanks...

I'm down in KBAZ area....when I get some time off from my current flying gig, I'll reach out to coordinate something.

I truly appreciate the reply.

I'm building an RV-10 in a shop in Richmond TX (suberb south of Houston) and would be happy to show you what I have done or discuss my experiences with the build.

Cheers

DRMA - .

I'm just over in Cibolo (NE, San Antonio) area and will make it an effort to take you up on the offer.

Very generous of you.

NW

I'm in The Woodlands, North of Houston. Dave is markedly farther along than I am, but you are more than welcome to stop by and check mine out as well.

Thanks Doc...

Doc (Mark) - I'm following your blog....the wife and I will be making a visit to The Woodlands soon enough to start house hunting....

Just so you know, my house is for sale!!!!
All plumbed for airlines, 220V compressor outlet, and you know you can build an RV10 in it :D

I'm building at KCXO where we have over 40 RV's based. My wife is totally behind the project and may be of help.

I'm at hangar 44E-4 on the hill.

EAA Ch 302 meets every 2nd Sat, 1000, Galaxy FBO.

Joe Waltz
832-515-1008
[email protected]

I'm in The Woodlands, North of Houston. Dave is markedly farther along than I am, but you are more than welcome to stop by and check mine out as well.

I didn't know you were building a -10. I still need to stop by and see the eagle we spoke about in another forum! It sure is pretty...

New Kid on the Block

Hello everyone. I am building an RV-14A in my shop behind my house in Longview, Texas. I have completed the empennage and am awaiting delivery of my QB fuselage and wings, hopefully the 2nd week of January. I would like to meet someone in the East Texas area who has experience in RV building and could guide me through some of the sticky areas to keep me from making bad mistakes.
I'm not new to aviation, holding Commercial, Instrument and Multi-Engine ratings and have been flying since I was 16 years old, but I am new to experimental aircraft (specifically RV's) building.

Joe Reaves
Longview, TX

RV14A Empennage complete
Arian Lightning LS-1 - Flying ? hangered in Gladewater, TX

Longview builder

Hey joe, I am building a 7 in my shop at home too. I have the wings and tail done except for fiberglass and working on the fuselage now. Don?t know how much tech help I can be but would be glad to get together sometime and talk.

Gents - thanks...

I'm down in KBAZ area....when I get some time off from my current flying gig, I'll reach out to coordinate something.

I truly appreciate the reply.

Nate, I?m building RV10 in New Braunfels. I?m ALMOST to 1/2 way point. Lot?s left to learn and know, but more than happy to share my experiences (so far) with you and your wife.

Send me a PM if you?d like to come over and visit.

Back