What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interior lining problem

dinowal

Getting close to having my aircraft ready for weighing. As I attempted to fit the Flightline Interiors baggage carpets & lining I found the top aft panel, the one rounded at the top & marked 'Experimental' will not go in. This is because I have fitted the Tank Vent kit & the tube coming up & going through the rear bulkhead is in the way. The more I look at it I think I will have to cut a piece out of the top starboard side of the panel. Has anyone else found this problem & found another way around it? Cheers & thanks for any suggestions, DEAN...

Dean, I had the same problem. Found a way around it by not installing the panel. :D
I actually left it out to save some weight and because I don't mind the look of the painted bulkhead, but plan B would have been a small cutout.

Thanks Mitch & Robert, Good to know I hadn't missed anything obvious. Will have another look at it, - I am leaning towards Robert's 'radical' solution of not putting the panel in! Cheers, DEAN..

Dean... Thanks for the heads up. I am at the point of installing the wiring so I "installed" the panel, still wrapped in plastic, as a reminder :)

Jeff

managed

After opening the slot for the vent tube at the bottom to about 1" diam, & taking an arm & core strength course, I managed to get it into place. With an extra piece of velcro at the top & left hand side, it fits well, no need for screws, etc. Cheers, DEAN.....

Back