What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

scat tube reducer

stamper

Well Known Member
anyone know where to get a 2" to 1 1/2 or 1" reducer for the inside cabin heat to run back to the back.
Also can anyone tell me if we have to have the 100LL sticker around the fuel caps in order to get the plane inspected by the DAR.

I've seen red RTV used to fill the gap between tubes of different sizes. Seemed to work well.

Another thread on fuel cap labeling suggested you only need the amount of fuel in each tank on the label. Lots of folks run non-ethanol MOGAS.

Plane Innovations has the scat tube adapters.

Since I just got my pink slip last week, I know you need to have quantity and minimum octane rating on your tanks.

Just wanted to resurrect an old thread to see if anyone has any other sources for ther 2? to 1? reducer. Sure enough, PlaneInnovations has them. $25 each, which is kinda steep, but once I saw they wanted to charge me almost $18 for shipping, i decided to try to find an alternative. Unforuntately I don?t see anyone else carrying something like this.

Thanks
Charlie

Adapters

Since its in the cabin, not the engine compartment, can you use adapters for workshop dust collection systems or for shop vac hoses?

Carefully check dimensions of the hoses you plan to use as well as the adapter you find to make certain the parts fit before you spend the money.

You can easily make almost any adapter combination you need by bying 2 Aeroduct flanges from Wicks and riveting them together.

Scat tube reducer

The metal reducer is a better solution than plastic. The air that comes through there can get really hot. You know what happens to some plastics.

You do not have to use those 100LL stickers around your fuel cap. An acceptable alternative to those ugly stickers is to have the fuel cap etched/engraved with the required info. This can usually be done locally.

Back