VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-08-2019, 08:26 AM

Just my 2 cents...Most companies that concentrate on the products they stand for and in which they have expertise are more successfull on long run than others.
Vans stands for absolute performance. Airplanes that can do everything good. Everbody knows that. Of course there is always the temptation to get a slice from another cake.
But they already have a great selection of kits.
Leave the bushplanes and ultra-high-speed kits to the other companies and concentrate on challenges that are more important in the future.
Shorter build times as people get busier and busier, easy construction, more efficiency or even alternatives (electric?) in powerplants and most of all keeping the costs in a reasonable range.

Maybe a „pop rivet“ RV7/9 or an RV12 with all the performance squeezed out of a Rotax. In my case I’m afraid of the build time of the RV7, the 14 is too big and expensive for my needs and the 12 maybe a little too limited.
How about shorter wings for die RV12 with higher cruise and stall speeds outside of LSA like the Panther offers?
Old 09-08-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N941WR View Post
Just another reason for Van's to make a 2+2 C170/172 that uses any four cylinder engine and performs like a -9(A).
Sling TSi...

The way I see it, Vans needs to one up their game in the XC cruiser 4-seat category. But differentiate...slightly. General aviation needs a viable, modern replacement for all the Cessna 172s out there!!!

A high-wing 2+2 with the 915iS would allow the pilot to sit AHEAD of the wing. A low dash with the Rotax could provide GREAT visibility in ALL directions. Think of a Cardinal 177...but better. More forward visibility. Less fuel burn. Shorter fuselage. Smoother wing. Lower empty weight.

Think weights around 1100 lbs empty and 2200 lbs gross. Yes, that's totally realistic if you take out the tractor engine and put in a new Rotax! You wouldn't want to carry around 50 gal of fuel either, as 30 gal would be more than sufficient for 4 hour legs with the Rotax 915 iS. Incredible speed and economy at FL200 too, if you're willing to breathe through a mask!

Speed, economy, visibility, efficiency...Design such a plane and watch the kits fly off the shelves!!
Old 09-10-2019, 08:56 AM

Just my 2 cents...Most companies that concentrate on the products they stand for and in which they have expertise are more successfull on long run than others.
Vans stands for absolute performance. Airplanes that can do everything good. Everbody knows that. Of course there is always the temptation to get a slice from another cake.
But they already have a great selection of kits.
Leave the bushplanes and ultra-high-speed kits to the other companies and concentrate on challenges that are more important in the future.
Shorter build times as people get busier and busier, easy construction, more efficiency or even alternatives (electric?) in powerplants and most of all keeping the costs in a reasonable range.

Maybe a „pop rivet“ RV7/9 or an RV12 with all the performance squeezed out of a Rotax. In my case I’m afraid of the build time of the RV7, the 14 is too big and expensive for my needs and the 12 maybe a little too limited.
How about shorter wings for die RV12 with higher cruise and stall speeds outside of LSA like the Panther offers?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:39 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingRV View Post
Maybe a „pop rivet“ RV7/9 or an RV12 with all the performance squeezed out of a Rotax. In my case I’m afraid of the build time of the RV7, the 14 is too big and expensive for my needs and the 12 maybe a little too limited. How about shorter wings for die RV12 with higher cruise and stall speeds outside of LSA like the Panther offers?
Lately I’ve been think that this will be the new thing new model, essentially an easier-to-build RV that slots in between the 12 and a 14, especially performance-wise.
  • Could be available with Rotax 912iS (standard version) or 915iS (high-performance model)
  • Easier build could perhaps attract new customers to experimental aircraft category
  • Rotax engine fitment would appeal/attract new customers in overseas markets, especially Europe
  • In the U.S., model would appeal to first-time builders; those concerned about the future of 100LL, etc.

Call me crazy, but I think a new model like this might be popular. Heck, I know I would probably be interested in it

Former President, EAA Chapter 309 - EAA 309

Founder, SUPERBIRD Aircraft & Automotive Cleaning Products, featuring the SUPERBIRD Paint Restoration System
https://www.superbirdclean.com/colle...-force-members