What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help ga28 under copilot seat

Gizmos

I bought my 9a kit and they had the wings built but no autopilot servos installed. My 6a was installed under copilot seat. Does anyone have the exact measurement of the rod that connect the stick to ga28? Also the size of the spacer on the stick? Any photos showing the exact location and how you mounted the servo? Do you have to trim the one floor support that is between the stick and servo? Clearance issues? Titanium bolts or alum? Thanks did you use the safety over center stop that comes with the servo?

Most people put the AP roll servo in the wing. Even though the wing is already built, that should not be a problem.

It should just be a matter of unbolting the aileron bellcrank bracket and re-installing it with the AP bracket.

Most people put the AP roll servo in the wing. Even though the wing is already built, that should not be a problem.

It should just be a matter of unbolting the aileron bellcrank bracket and re-installing it with the AP bracket.

Im building a 9A also. I just installed the GA 28 in the wing at the bell crank.
It was not difficult but as they say on "Wheeler Dealers" it was fiddly. You will need to take your watch off when you are fitting all the bolts. Let me know if you need a picture or two.

We recently installed the GA28 in the wing with the Kit supplied by Garmin. The airplane was already built and flying for many years.
The installation was easy and didn?t take much time. I would recommend to go that way, it is a good solution and known to work.

G28 servo installation

Thanks for all the info. I will put in the wing. I just never ready in vans info that this was an option. Not saying it was not there. Doing my own wiring, took eaa coarse, money well spent. I have built several race cars, but don't rely on those skills. Lol

Back