What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Which RV-8 Pedals???

dirtybirdy80

I'm New Here
I finally decided on an RV-8 after having the opportunity to take a ride in one. My only issue is the fact that I'm 6'4" tall with a 34-36" inseam, so I need as much leg room as possible. I'll be going with the tall pilot option and will be using the show planes fast back kit, so head height wont be an issue. Just leg room.

Is there a difference in the amount of leg room provided by going with either the ground adjustable rudder pedals or the inflight adjustable rudder pedals???

I know that the ground adjustable pedals are simpler and lighter. I will most likely be the only person flying the plane so the pedals will be placed full forward pretty much all the time.

I am a little bit ahead of you but in the exact same boat. Same height, inseam, airplane and options. I have sat in my QB fuselage with the in-flight adjustable pedals installed and a set of RV 8 specific, upholstery ready cushions in place so I know I am very close to the real life flying location. It was fine, in fact, I might pull the pedals back one notch from full forward for flight (when I finally get that far). We shall see.
I always understood the ground adjustable pedals gave a little more legroom but I pushed the bottom of my seat back aft a little to help even more.

Back