What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spruce Creek Tour?

Tooch

Well Known Member
Any one of you Spruce Creek RVer's willing to give me a tour of the airpark? I am here on Daytona beach for a week and already bored to tears. Email or call.
[email protected] 804-271-6515

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

I'm at nearby X50. I can't provide the SC tour, but I do know that they gather by the hundreds on Saturday mornings at the big tree next to the runway, and lots of RVers go flying.

ill be flying in saturday morning 8 am for a visit before heading up to haller airpark 7fl4 for our clubs flyin. :)

Saved by Ted

Thanks go out to Ted. He met myself and he wife and the other non aviation couple that we are vacation with. He drove us around the airpark and we were we blow away by the size (700 hanger homes). Our airpark has 9 lots.

He then invited us to the weekly hangout at the big tree. About 100 golf carts, food and formation fly-bys.

We had a blast.

Thanks again Ted for adding some aviaton fun to my normal vacation. Hope you make it up VA. some time in your RV

Hey Glen,
Maybe you could make your strip an airpark. Virginia needs more of them.

Without Ted I would probably never visit Spruce Creek.

My first trip to the Bahamas was planned by Ted and his wife LiFen thank you very much. They were living in Ohio at that time.

My first BFR was out of Spruce Creek in my RV. Guess who was the inspecting CFI? Ted of course we went to Dry Tortugas NP and were back home for dinner. I passed :D

I didn't know Ted was a CFI ... but that shouldn't surprise me. Ted is much more than his mild-mannered Clark Kent persona :)

Back