What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fitting Aerosport front panels

rvanstory

Well Known Member
Installing the Aerosport interior side panels today. Back ones went fine. Front seem to be much more of a challenge. I also have the carbon fiber panel from Aerosport.

Questions:
1. Is there a "trick" to getting these in and out for fitting. I'm struggling to simply get them between the seat rail, rudder pedals and side walls.

2. There appears to be a "cut line" on panel right by where the carbon fiber air vent is located. Is this a cut line? Looks like it may be for carbon fiber panel VS stock Van's panel. But, before I cut on it, would like to know for sure.

Any and all advice on fitting these with painted carbon fiber panel installed in a way to not scratch the dog out of the panel, would be helpful.

There is definitely some cutting involved around the panel. Also, dont be afraid to really bend the thing to get it into place. I?ve taken mine in and out a few times and it takes some finessing for sure.

It's...

It is almost like folding sun shades.

I found that putting the upper edge under the panel then twisting the aft edge outboard seem to work pretty well...

Thanks for advice and help. Talked to Will at Aerosport to determine that those are "cut lines" for the carbon fiber panel. Once I cut them off, was able to twist and maneuver them into place. Not the simplest of task though!

Thanks again for responding!

Back