What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 John Block

Husker'87

Finally started on my RV-10 Kit today. I have been working on some of the practice kits and will continue to, but decided today to start working on the Empennage Kit.

The Product of today's work. 4 hours.

photo%201%20%281%29-M.jpg

photo%202%20%282%29-L.jpg

photo%203%20%281%29-L.jpg

5/26/2014 3 hrs

Finally something that looks like part of an airplane. Had some difficulty getting the second side of the skin attached but finally got it. I match drilled then disassembled and dimpled the ribs except where noted. While reading ahead I don't see that it calls for the forward spar to be dimpled or counter sunk. Anyone know? :confused: I would assume dimpled, but I want to make sure before I do something and have to order a new part. :cool: While getting the skin on, I noticed a very slight outward dimple in the skin for the VS. This was caused by the nose of the rib. I don't think that it will be an issue.

Today's progress.
photo%201-M.jpg

photo%202-M.jpg

photo%203-M.jpg

Finally something that looks like part of an airplane. Had some difficulty getting the second side of the skin attached but finally got it. I match drilled then disassembled and dimpled the ribs except where noted. While reading ahead I don't see that it calls for the forward spar to be dimpled or counter sunk. Anyone know? :confused: I would assume dimpled, but I want to make sure before I do something and have to order a new part. :cool: While getting the skin on, I noticed a very slight outward dimple in the skin for the VS. This was caused by the nose of the rib.

You have read about all the "gotchas" on myrv10.com? This is the first of many.

Bob

Congrats on your first part..

..Mine too has the little "outies" from the nose rib. I missed this gotcha when I was building mine, but I hear there are MANY 10s out there like this.

Back