What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N524AP Takes Flight!

Okay, a couple of "completed" photos. The plane was painted by Mason Aircraft Finishes. Gene Mason has been a painter for 37 years and is one heck of a hard worker. The plane was painted in just 3 weeks. Give him a call if you would like a quote. 704-984-0144 or 704-985-1471

23uac10.jpg

eu3uxs.jpg

34xor4m.jpg

Last edited:
Fabulous!

I really like that paint scheme.

That last picture - is that dew on the canopy? We don't have dew in Texas anymore - the plane on the perfect grass strip looks like a wallpaper candidate to me.

Hey Chip,

Yes, that was dew on the plane. It had to spend the night outside the day I picked it up from the paint shop. Here's another dewed photo.

6i5hf4.jpg

Looking good Tony!

In fact, it's looking real good!

Didn't find it up at OSH. Guess I looked in the wrong place. :confused:

Going to have to start some flight re-training this fall. I'll give you a call soon and discuss things with you.

Jesse

Tony, the plane came out amazing. Ok,when are you coming to 06C, Pilot Pete's??... Lunch is on me. I want to talk to you anyway about my 9A build. While at Oshkosh I placed an order for a Mattituck TMX engine..
Mark C. Schaumburg, IL

Tony, the plane came out amazing. Ok,when are you coming to 06C, Pilot Pete's??... Lunch is on me. I want to talk to you anyway about my 9A build. While at Oshkosh I placed an order for a Mattituck TMX engine..
Mark C. Schaumburg, IL

That's great Mark. I haven't been down to P.P's for a while. I am down for maintenance now for a couple of weeks, but I will let you know when we are heading down.

Tony thanks for maintaining the thread. You do fly a lot some guys I know couldn't make 50 hours a year. You've been to interesting places visit Big Apple some day :)

Beautiful airplane! I love the way the 9 sits up high! I was going to build a 9 but a 7 project turned up 30 miles away and I do like the way the 7 tucks into a corner of my hanger with a shorter wingspan. My next project may be a 9. Well anyway, I love your paint scheme!

Tony thanks for maintaining the thread. You do fly a lot some guys I know couldn't make 50 hours a year. You've been to interesting places visit Big Apple some day :)

Hey Vlad! I'd like to see a map of all your exploits! I'd like to head to the Big Apple someday. Right now I am loving the Pacific Northwest and hitting all the hot spots here.

Back