What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nut plate & rod bearing question

I took the advice from a thread to construct the rudder first, and all seems to be going well. I have a question about the type of rivet used to hold the nut plates onto the R-608PP reinforcement plates attached to the R-902 spar. I don't see where the specific nut plate is called out, either, along with the rod end bearing. Any help is appreciated!

I took the advice from a thread to construct the rudder first, and all seems to be going well. I have a question about the type of rivet used to hold the nut plates onto the R-608PP reinforcement plates attached to the R-902 spar. I don't see where the specific nut plate is called out, either, along with the rod end bearing. Any help is appreciated!

Mark,
It is shown in the left side view of the rudder (DWG 7).
At the top rod end it says X2 because it is for the top and middle hinge points.
The bottom hinge point has a different call-out because it uses a slightly larger rod end bearing and the rivets are going through a thicker stack-up of parts.

Back