What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bendix King AV8OR

ten4teg

Well Known Member
Has anybody used the original (pre ACE) AV8OR to drive an Auto Pilot? Not sure if they have a serial port to drive one. Thanks

There is a serial port, but it is not active in every unit. Don't know when it became active, or how to activate if your's in inactive. I believe there is nothing coming out of mine, but it could be I've not yet found the correct protocol - I thought it was 9600 NMEA, but that doesn't work. Too many other calls on my time to get to the bottom of this issue!

Pete

I could never get mine to drive my EZ-Pilot. AP worked fine with my Lowrance2000c until it crapped out. I was real happy with it & it's a shame they discontinued the product line.

I bought the AV8or Ace for $350 when they were discontinuing them last year. I'm very unhappy with it even at that price. I have issues where the touchpad doesn't engage when it's cold. I mean Florida cold of 55-60F. It seems like the unit must be on for 15 minutes before it wants to come alive. Not very reliable IMHO.
I'll be replacing it with the AdventurePilot720 very soon.

Last edited:
Back