What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Support???

n38139

Well Known Member
Has anybody else have any problems getting in touch with Dynon support? I called all last week and each time received "leave a message". So I left a message, no response. I sent an email from their website again, no response.

Last edited:
Has anybody else have any problems getting in touch with Dynon support? I called all last week and each time received "leave a message". So I left a message, no response. I sent an email from their website again, no response.
I assume the website sends the email to [email protected], but you might want to try sending an email directly to this address. A lot of websites offer "contact us" buttons but then no one monitors the email address to which the message is sent. FWIW, I've had no issues with messages sent to the above address.

Dynon tech support

Just to let you know, but do to the snow storm over the last week, a lot of the guys could not get into the office.

With that in mind, when they returned to the office, I would guess they had a lot of calls/emails to return.

Give them another try on Monday and hopefully they will answer the call.

Good luck.

Brian

Last edited:
Maybe one of you know the answer. I have a SV and was wondering if the SV will send fuel/air data to my ifd440. My GRT would send the data to my 430 and it would calculate the burn etc in the flight plan

Maybe one of you know the answer. I have a SV and was wondering if the SV will send fuel/air data to my ifd440. My GRT would send the data to my 430 and it would calculate the burn etc in the flight plan

The Skyview will not send fuel data to the IFD. The Skyview will send all the required airdata that it needs using the SV-ARINC-429 module.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems - Dynon Avionics

Already included

The other item to bear in mind is that the Skyview already performs the functions you are trying to get from the 440. I added the data fields for fuel at waypoint, flight time remaining (at current fuel flow) and one other (destination fuel I think) to the engine display. The Skyview already calculates it all continuously, you just have to tell it to display it for you.

The other item to bear in mind is that the Skyview already performs the functions you are trying to get from the 440. I added the data fields for fuel at waypoint, flight time remaining (at current fuel flow) and one other (destination fuel I think) to the engine display. The Skyview already calculates it all continuously, you just have to tell it to display it for you.
+1

And the SV display is a lot easier (bigger) to read than the 440 screen is.

:cool:

To add to the thread on Dynon support I had a issue and called and left a message. Call back within a hour and a replacement part shipped ASAP. No complaints on my part!
George

Dynon support

Wow I will dido good and fast response to my question. Sent in and received a reply in 55 minutes. Guess I'm buyin more Dynon
Art

i tried to reach dynon tech support now for weeks. was sending emails and left messages on the voice mail... no response. does anybody know what's going on?

i tried to reach dynon tech support now for weeks. was sending emails and left messages on the voice mail... no response. does anybody know what's going on?

With Dynon it's a hit or miss situation. I left voicemails two days in a row and no reply so I then decided to email them and they replied by email the same day. Previously it had been the other way around, waiting for an email reply so I called and left a voicemail and they called back. I guess it could be a workload issue.

Just a quick update...
There are 3 of us from the support group working remotely everyday. Support is quite busy even with the virus and the stay at home orders. Working remotely hasn't really hampered our ability to serve our customers and we continue to return phone calls and respond to e-mails as quickly as possible.

International customers e-mail is by far the best way to get in touch due to the time difference.

[email protected] or our direct phone number is: 425-224-6736

In this case, we have tried multiple times to return the call and only get a recording of some sort.

Dynon D-100 software update

Having major problems updating the latest software version into my Dynon D-100. I also have the D-120, HS-34 which works with a Garmin GTN750.

Once we hook up the laptop with the Dynon APP we get the message:

EFIS- D-100:port#1: error! DASB info packet reports one or more missing devices (3,3)

This is as far as we can get. It won't let us backup the firmware as instructed or update the software.

Any thoughts on what we are missing?

Thanks

Pat
N931CB KHAF

D-100 Update

I had a similar error when I was trying to update my D-180. It's a a bit counterintuitive when you are are just trying to update one device, but the Dynon app wants to see all your connected units. For me it meant having to do the update at the panel as opposed to a desk at home.

The error message indicates that the update software is not seeing all the devices normally operating on the DSAB network. Make sure all devices are powered up and connected to the DSAB hub.

Once I had everything connected and turned on, my updates executed perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
The error message indicates that the update software is not seeing all the devices normally operating on the DSAB network. Make sure all devices are powered up and connected to the DSAB hub.

Once I had everything connected and turned on my updates executed perfectly.

Same thing happened to me. Mine wasn't seeing the autopilot servos but once everything was connected and ON, the software updated. I bought a plane that was 10 years old and had never been updated so it took a little while but it all updated smoothly.

I went through the menu on the D-100 and it looks like the D-100/120 and HS-34

are being recognized by the system. We still get the error message. There is

some verbiage in the manual about a pin needing to be removed from the connector

on the HS-34 in order to update the firmware but that's just a guess on my part.

As of now all I'm getting from Dynon is the sound of crickets, two emails and a

phone message. I hope to hear from them soon. This is a one time deal as I

understand there won't be any further updates on the D-100. Thanks for your

input guys.

Do you have a SL30 or another radio connected to pin 22 of the Dynon?

That pin 22 on my Dynon D-180 EFIS is the RS232 Serial IN to the Dynon and it?s currently connected to a Female DB-9 (pin 3) where I plug in the serial software programming cable used to update the D-180. To update mine I had to disconnect my VAL ILN-429.

The com on the GTN 750 is connected but the whole pin thing is above my pay grade. This is the only radio.

Removing the connector that goes into the Dynon just to remove the pin 22 connection is out of the picture because you need it connected to program it so then I'd disconnect the cable you'll see that goes from the GPS to the Dynon. That will definitely remove any connection to Pin 22 and then try to program it.

Update

We are currently seeing a very large increase of support requests and are actively working to see everyone gets taken care of. Seems the virus scare has everyone working on their aircraft as a form of social distancing. Please bear with us, you will get a response as soon as we possibly can.

I think Dynon might be experiencing that by the time they get to the question it has evolved into something else. I mean for example I emailed asking one thing but since it's been a few days by now I've worked through it and now the question is something further along, so by the time I get a reply I have to ask a deeper question, then wait a few more days again for another reply.

I don't know if it's something that can be corrected due to the staffing issues, just something that I'm noticing. I think the only way for now is to call and leave a voicemail and hope that when I get a call back I can then ask the new question and it'll be something they don't have to go and research.

Back