What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Beringer wheels - pressure?

mturnerb

Well Known Member
Question for those with Beringer wheels/tires, especially nosewheels.

I've played around with pressure on my wheels - up to around 40 lbs, nosewheel looks more compressed than mains. What are folks using for mains and nosewheel?

Thanks

Mine are all around 45 ... the max is around 85 I think ... but if you get them too high it will bounce down the runway and be a handful on landing.

Mine are all around 45 ... the max is around 85 I think ... but if you get them too high it will bounce down the runway and be a handful on landing.

I finally found some guidance from Beringer in a manual - "4" which I assume is 4 bar or 48PSI. I put 50 in the nose and 40 in mains and looks good. May bump the mains a bit after wings are on as I'm sure this will push them down a tad...

TB

May bump the mains a bit after wings are on as I'm sure this will push them down a tad...

... plus 300lbs of Fuel and whatever the pilot/passenger weigh

I'm really enjoying the performance of the Beringer wheels and brakes, money well spent.

We don't yet have all our pictures uploaded online. However, for those who are interested in the Beringer setup for the RV14/14A, we offer a complete installation package including pre made hoses.

As Beringer dealers, we have a deal worked out with Beringer where they exclude all the "do it yourself' brake lines from the kit for a credit and we have them drop ship the components directly to the customer and we ship the pre assembled and pressure tested brake lines. (Shown below is the Tailwheel setup with PB and Anti Skid valves)

wp3073c05c_06.png

It's just another option for those who want the Beringer setup, but don't want to fabricate their own lines.

Steve

Last edited:
I finally found some guidance from Beringer in a manual - "4" which I assume is 4 bar or 48PSI. I put 50 in the nose and 40 in mains and looks good. May bump the mains a bit after wings are on as I'm sure this will push them down a tad...

TB

1 bar = atmospheric pressure = 14.5 psi. If the "4" is actually 4 bar then the pressure is 14.5 x 4 = 58 psi.

Atmospheric pressure

1 bar = atmospheric pressure = 14.5 psi. If the "4" is actually 4 bar then the pressure is 14.5 x 4 = 58 psi.

1 atmosphere at sea level = 14.6959 and usually rounded off to 14.7 here in the states. Must be a little less up north.:D

1 atmosphere at sea level = 14.6959 and usually rounded off to 14.7 here in the states. Must be a little less up north.:D

Yes, maybe it is:D.
On the other hand, according to Wikipedia, the legal definition:

The bar is defined using the SI derived unit, pascal: 1 bar ≡ 100,000 Pa ≡ 100,000 N/m2.

Thus, 1 bar is equal to:

1,000,000 Ba (barye) (in cgs units);
and 1 bar is approximately equal to:

0.987 atm
14.5038 psi absolute
29.53 inHg
750.06 mmHg
750.06 Torr
1019.72 centimetres of water (cmH2O).

Question for those with Beringer wheels/tires, especially nosewheels.

I've played around with pressure on my wheels - up to around 40 lbs, nosewheel looks more compressed than mains. What are folks using for mains and nosewheel?

Thanks

Beringer manual recommends 3.5 to 4 bars for 5.00x5 wheels.

Back