What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How do you cope with all that sun shine?

Paul K

Well Known Member
This winter has been slightly crappier than average so far here in West Michigan. I went to the airport yesterday to get some tools for some repairs I am doing on the baffles of my 7 and spent about an hour digging a path into the service door of the hangar. I went back out there this morning to pick up a support angle I forgot and this is what I found!

The front of my hangar, drifted in again!
photo%25201-4.JPG

Looking towards the runway from my hangar door,
photo%25204-2.JPG

Mid field taxi, look out low wings!
photo%25205-1.JPG

At least the fuel pumps are kinda open.
photo%25205-2.JPG

These guys have a lot of digging to do if they want to go flying.
photo%25205.JPG

We did see some sun for a few minutes yesterday, couldn't find my sunglasses so had to hide indoors :eek:

This is awful Paul. I'm over here at KOZW in Howell. They do a great job with snow removal but there is always the foot or so in front of the door and drifting to deal with. Lately it seems every couple days I have to drive to the hanger in my plow truck to clean up the hanger area in hopes of being ready for a flyable day. Snow yesterday and more coming tomorrow. I'm never going to get my Phase 1 done at this rate.:(

Hey David,

Would love to see your 10! If we ever get decent weather, I'll come over with the 7. Perhaps we can do some aerial photos of yours!

Don't they rent U-hauls in the east?

...or are they all out here now? ;)

Living like that would just kill me. My wife and I both consider it "cold" if the temps dip into the mid 60's.

Toobuilder,

Are you suggesting we pack up all the U-Hauls with snow and ship it to you :D

Back