What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

map box position

Nehi

I'm installing vans map box in my panel, but would like to move it up one inch and to the right five-eighths of an inch from what the plans state. this should clear the F-721A canopy deck and give me the desired useable space below the map box but i'm not sure if it will interfere with the tip-up canopy, or any other reason i should not move it .Any input would be apprieciated

Careful

I nearly did this and would have regretted it mightily..The canopy rail comes down about an inch and a half from the top of the instrument panel..

I.e it will hit the mapbox.

Frank

map box

Thanks Frank, that was a concern but I didnt have a way to check it on account that I didnt have my canopy built yet,are you implying that I could go an inch ? please !!

Doubt it

The position on the panel drawing is different for the TU and slider from memory...Thats why, its the rail that interferes...Personally I don't think you can move it up at all from memory

Frank

If memory serves me correctly, anything in the panel that goes back to sub panel must remain 2 inches below the top edge of th sub panel. stick the frt canopy frame into it's position and you will see the room available. Larry

I installed only the front part of the canopy frame without the rails even before I cut the inst. panel. With the frame in position, and without the skin on it, you can now fit all of the things that might extend back far enough to cause problems...............

Back