What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ATS Pro Series rivet gun

DiscoStu

I'm looking for a pirep... Anyone have experience with this gun http://www.aircraft-tool.com/shop/detail.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=ATS-3X&ReturnPage=/shop/search_result.aspx?PageNo=3 It's the ATS Pro X series. I had an older ATS basic 2x gun given to me, but I used to use a 3x and I miss the slower hitting so I think I'm going to have to buy one. These look decent, and the price is right ($152) without the fancy colours.

While I'm asking, how about the 12" double offset back riveting set?

Thanks,

Mark

Thumbs up on the double offset back rivet set

I don't know about the gun, but the double offset back rivet set is the bomb! I used it to back rivet the top wing skins and they are as smooth as a baby's backside. Give Bob Avery a call and pick one of those puppies up. You won't regret it.

ATS rivet guns

Ive got a ATS Pro 3X and 2X they work good, the Sioux is a Little better but the for the money the ATS pro is a real good deal.

go with the pro x

I also have a 2x and a 3x pro from ATS and am very pleased with them both. I would do it agian too for the money. I've always had a good experience with the folks at ATS !

Ditto on the gun. I bought one when I was having trouble setting the 1/8 inch rivets in the wing spar web. The ATS 3x gun is all you need. Be sure to get their swivel regulator too. In my opinion the swivel regulator makes all the difference with any rivet gun.

BTW: LOVE THE USERNAME AND AVATAR!

Done deal

Thanks for the replies, everybody. Ordered the gun, the backrivet set, 3M polishing wheel, etc., etc. today.

After dimpling my HS with a hand squeezer the other night, I'm thinking how nice a pneumatic squeezer would be...

Back