What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reddish stall warner-RV-9

Nehi

any one have experiance with the reddish stall warner, I understand I need the Mark II version and am having trouble locating one

You'll need to modify it to fit the shape of the RV-9 leading edge. I did this by glueing a formed piece of aluminum onto the nose of the device.

I guesstimated the proper position, then bent the vane to make speed adjustments. With my Dynon AoA audible warning and indicator, I find the stall warning redundant. Nevertheless, it is run off it's own circuit on the main bus and continues to function with all avionics switched off, such as an in-flight electrical emergency.

Stall warning devices are not for every day flying when you are paying attention. They are for stressful situations when you are not paying attention. For example, you've had an in-flight electrical situation, have shut down your fancy glass panel stuff.

Nevertheless, given the choice, I wouldn't bother with a stall vane if you have an AoA sytem installed.

Back