- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubedRoot View Post
Not really. Aveo was using APEM switches, KR series I believe. The actuators (covers) are quite different and will not work with Carlings.
Interesting, I stand corrected. It was about 5 years ago that I looked into this in detail, I guess my memory isn't what it used to be... :P
Old 03-19-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7A Flyer View Post
They aren't. Close, but no cigar.

BTW, Stan has been *outstanding* to work with on getting "ready spares" for my switch covers, and even pointed out that there were two styles of Aveo switch tops (one with a small window at the bottom, one without)
Received my full set of spares from Stan a few days ago...look great, and I can't say enough about his excellent customer service! Very quick email responses, always with good info and very helpful in sorting out what to get (there are some different style covers from Aveo, depending on when they were made, and Stan explained what's up there).

Great supplier...highly recommended for those Aveo Rockrack users! (And shame on Aveo for dropping them, thus abandoning their customers, but as Stan said, their loss is his gain ).
Old 07-16-2018, 03:22 PM

Default Aveo Rock Rack Switches with VPX

Chipping away at my plane. Called and spoke with Stan (21st Century Aviation (417)-844-0532) again today regarding my Aveo Rock Rack Switches and his solutions. Found out Stan will be at OSH this year at the Whisper Aircraft Exhibit (#646) with some of his products and demo pieces.

I've been struggling with how to wire my switches to a dimmer and to my Vertical Power VPX Pro. Stan has shown great patience and excellent support in this. He reports having stock of many needed items and the ability to make custom switch covers.

For those seemingly stranded with Aveo's move away from this product line, or those looking for a sharp product for your project, Stan seems a great option.

Also, would like to thank my friend and fellow builder, John Armstrong, for his incredible help in this process. So nice to have such talented people in my corner.
2017 VAF SUPPORTER

Last edited by SeanB : 07-16-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:22 AM

Default It Can Be Done!

With much help (thanks, John!) was able to get a dimmer, then full bright when actuated, while interfacing with VPX switch setup on the Rock Rack Switches!!! Looks awesome! One reason I like the Rock Rack switches, 8 terminals allows you to do some things. Will be picking up some replacement switch covers and one custom cover from Stan (21st Century Aviation...see previous post) while at OSH. Awesome customer service and product support from Stan makes me happy I have this product again.
2017 VAF SUPPORTER