What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Go Pro Mount

eisnerrv4

Well Known Member
Hi everyone. Does anyone know if the tiedown rings on my RV-4 just screw out or are they bolted in the wing. I can't remember and there is too much snow down at the field to check the airplane. Second question is does anyone know where I can find the GoPro mounting case that screws in to the tiedown. I've seen it before but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Tie down

I sure your 4 is just like my 3 and they just screw in to a riveted in nut plate. I leave my tie down rings in my bag until I need to tie the plane down and then I screw them in with my hand. Cheers :)

gopro mount

Hi.
Brian's mount is good solution. I'm assuming (but can't tell in the photo) that he bent the aluminum angle a bit to compensate for the wing dehedral.
Tilted videos become annoying after a while...

Hi.
Brian's mount is good solution. I'm assuming (but can't tell in the photo) that he bent the aluminum angle a bit to compensate for the wing dehedral.
Tilted videos become annoying after a while...

nothing special, just a 3" long piece of angle. It can be rotated about the tiedown pivot and tilted at the Gopro case bolt. I just bolt it on and eyeball the direction it is looking. The length of the AL stabilizes the camera from shaking.

Here's a take-off video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-boFtOx5bE

Brian.. side question. what do you use for editing your gopro footage?

GoPro Studio and my rudimentary skills. The program has a lot more options which I haven't touched 90% of. Someday I'll figure out how to add music other than the free stuff on youtube.

Back