What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical Power user near Greensboro, NC

DragonflyAero

Well Known Member
Vertical Power user near Greensboro, NC: Problem Solved!

I am having problems getting my VPX Sport to connect with my PC to configure it. I have been through the troubleshooting tips and have been going back and forth with Chad to try other things. I wondered if there are any VPX owners in or near Greensboro, NC that have successfully configured their VPX on their computer. If so I was hoping I could try connecting that computer to my unit to determine if I have a computer problem or a problem with the unit.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I have a VPX pro in my 7 project. Avionics are in progress, but I haven't connected the VPX to the PC yet. I could. What are the symptoms of your problem? I'm at 8A7.

I powered my VPX Pro up last week and experienced the same thing.
Feel free to contact me off line for my solution.
Tom Greene
704 213 9610
Spencer NC

I had a problem at first connecting with the VPX sport.
I noticed that if the cable at the computer end does not "light-up" then I was not connected. So I had to "wiggle" the cord at the computer end and found it would "light-up"and was connected. i just remembered I also tried to swap ends.

I know all this sounds crazy, but that was my experience.
I cannot believe that another person would have the same connect problem.

Dave

Update on VPX configurator: Success!

I retrieved a Netbook computer from our lake house today and was able to connect to my VPX- Sport with it. So I was able to load the configuration created in their Planner. I am miffed at why it would not connect to either desktop PC at the house but the Netbook will end up being more convenient once I mount the unit in the airplane.

Thanks for the offers of help!!

Back