What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Access panels

dannp

I'm trying to find threads and/or links concerning access panel installations in the tunnel for the fuel pump and similarly for tire air stems through the wheel fairings.

Thanks,
Dan

I'm trying to find threads and/or links concerning access panel installations in the tunnel for the fuel pump and similarly for tire air stems through the wheel fairings.

Thanks,
Dan

I just put one of these in... went in as advertised.

https://www.airward.com/products/rv...rews-rv-10-tunnel-access-w-countersunk-screws

They also sell just the reinforcing ring and you make the panel and buy the screws and nutplates.

The only scary bit was hacking into an existing good panel to make a big hole. :)

Access Panels

If you?ve got the standard Vans panel & throttle/mixture/prop bracket something you may consider is cutting the top of the tunnel so as to access the fuel pump/filter etc. As others have done I cut the the top at about the third screw back from the firewall and at the fuel selector. By riveting flat ally and nut plates to the pieces that don?t have to be removed and three or four screws through the top, the panel is easily removed and the overall structure/strength is retained. Leaving that piece in the front is a real time/angst saver when it comes to service time. A quick way to have easy access to tire valves is to holesaw round holes of inch & quarter, inch & half or two inch holes (whatever you think will give easy access) in the appropriate position and fill the holes with rubber plugs, the sort you find as plugs in your car, those plugs are easily removed but are snug in service, the sort that have a lip on both sides are the best. Cheers from Western Australia

Back