What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

INFINITY STICK GRIP VS RV-4 STICK

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello All

I will be installing an Infinity Stick Grip in my RV-4 over the winter and I have a few questions for the ones of you who have done the same thing before...

1.- Did you have to cut the stick so that the Infinity grip did not hit the panel versus the standard Vans stick grip?? ( My panel is 3/4'' lower than standard )

2.-Where did you guys run the wire bundle.....Inside the stick or on the outside ???
If on the inside did you have to re-inforce the stick after drilling an exit hole for the wires??

3.- Did you have to cut the slot as per the Infinity instructions if running the wires inside the stick??

Thank you for your feedbacks..

Bruno
[email protected]

P.S: If any of you have pictures of your install, I'll be glad to look at them if you don't mind sending me some...:)

I have the Infinity grip in my 4. You will probably have to shorten the stick slightly to prevent panel interference but the wires will run inside easily and you do not need to cut the slot.

INFINITY GRIP ON AN RV-4

Hi Mark

That's what I thought but wanted to be sure...How much did you cut yours for it to fit??

Thanks Jesse, I'll have a look at the link..

Cheers

Bruno

INFINITY GRIP ON AN RV-4

HI Mark,

I plan on doing the same...just need the weather to warm up a little before I venture to the hangar..It's -20 C here today..:eek:

Cheers

Bruno

Let me know if interested in a previously installed on sticks but unused set. Bought a 7 project with them installed and I want most of my controls on the panel so these are overkill. Have two handles, extra wiring and the relay board all unused. PM or email me and I'll save you some money.

Let me know if interested in a previously installed on sticks but unused set. Bought a 7 project with them installed and I want most of my controls on the panel so these are overkill. Have two handles, extra wiring and the relay board all unused. PM or email me and I'll save you some money.

I think the diameter on the rv-4 stick is different than the one on the side by side rvs. It has been a while since i installed mine.

RV-4 STICK

Hi All

''I think the diameter on the rv-4 stick is different than the one on the side by side rvs. It has been a while since i installed mine.''

-------------

Mine in my -4 is 1'' in diameter...don't know about the -7...

Bruno

Back