What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop service

FlyFastJP

Well Known Member
I've got an old wood Warneke semi constant speed prop on my -4. Needs some reconditioning work. Who can do me a decent job around the Houston area?

I've got an old wood Warneke semi constant speed prop on my -4. Needs some reconditioning work. Who can do me a decent job around the Houston area?

Might try Performance Propellers. These were a knock-off of Warnke Propellers. Warnke's ex son-in-law founded PP and was sold to Frank Johnson.

Frank Johnson (713) 417-2519
[email protected]

Mail/Ship to:
Performance Propellers USA, LLC
466 Pr 5832
Donie, TX 75838

Hey Johnnie,
Did you ever get your prop reconditioned? I've also got a Warneke prop that could use some TLC in the next year or so... I'm debating on a Catto or Whirlwind but I really like my Warneke. I'd like to see it refinished.

Do it yourself..

I re-finished my Sterba, not much science to it unless it has significant missing chunks. A bit of careful sanding (evenly) and a few coats of urethane. I also sprayed the backside flat black after the urethane. Balanced with a tube through the hub hole and set on some machete blades. Spray additional urethane on light blade. Cost all of $10.00, and looks like new.

Back