What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F303F material source ?

Larry DeCamp

Well Known Member
The 2 5/8 x 24 strip that goes on the bottom of F303 ( main spar bulkhead) is .032" material. My crate shipping inventory list does not account for F303F. Assuming it is to cut from bulk material, the only .032" stock to make it from is two sheets of 15 5/8 x 29 1/2. These look like very specific sizes for fabrication stock. So, where did your F303F strip come from ??

Boy, that was a LONG time ago Larry - but I am pretty sure it came from my stock pile - I seem to remember looking for it as well.

Paul

Larry,

The pieces you quote I think are the bottom skins just aft of the spar, the piece your looking for came nearly the right size in my kit. Think I had to cut it for length, width of the airframe.

regards Peter

Hi Larry...

This is an RV-3"ism" ;) The F-303 area is partly considered a fuselage part, but partly a wing part :eek:

F-303F was supplied in our Wing Kit as:
1.00 AS3-032x2 3/4x27 F-303F

On our combined Wing (SB) then Fuselage packing list, it is near the bottom of p4 (of 11 but with 2 x p6).

Peter: To clarify, from top to bottom at F-303, you have F-303-A (fwd) - B (aft), then F-303F, then the mid Floor Skins L&R, then the Fwd Floor Skin.

HTH?
Andy & Ellie Hill
RV-8 G-HILZ
RV-3B G-HILI very slow build
RV8tors

Back