What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Transition Training in MN or WI

tfriendshuh

Well Known Member
Hey guys, I'm looking for transition training so I can insure an RV-8 :D

About 300 hours PIC, complex/hi perf including some aerobatics in a T-34, but no tailwheel or RV time.

I'm in Duluth.

Thanks.

2/217 edit/update : couldn't find a taildragger trainer - ended up getting with Tom Berge and bought an 8A instead.

Last edited:
I transitioned with John Musgrave in a -4. He operates out of Morris Muni in IL. (C09). 217-322-7049 is his cell. The -4 hours covered the insurance requirements and my first flight in my -8 was no issue. Morris is SE of Joliet, so a bit outside your request; however, he was great to work with and did a great job foe me.

I did the same with John. Transitioned into my 8 with no problems. To me, I thought the 8 was easier to fly than the 4. Great Guy. I see him all the time. it was a pleasure to fly with him. I still use him for my BFR's

Transitioned into my 8 with no problems. To me, I thought the 8 was easier to fly than the 4.

Now we are really going to confuse him Tom. I PM'd him and said I thought the 4 was much easier to land (rollout) than the 8.

Back