What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin Pilot iOS/Android parity yet?

sbalmos

Well Known Member
I don't think we've seen an updated thread on this in quite a while. And frankly, iOS 11 is leaving a lot to be desired to me. Three years ago, I got an iPad solely for Garmin Pilot because of the immense feature difference between the iOS and Android versions of GP.

Now that my iPad is getting long in the tooth, and iOS 11 being a cluster IMO... How does GP on Android stack up to GP on iOS nowadays? Is there still a feature gap?

I never installed GP on iPad - but used GP on Android for 3 years. Was pretty happy with it. Then I tried iflyGPS this year and switched! GP does not support any other accessories but Garmin. I built a Stratux and run it with Android OR iOS and the Stratux.

iflyGPS has some great features - one of my favorites is that it shows elevation of terrain in front of you as a function of your altitude and vertical velocity. Something I didn't have on GP.

I have Garmin pilot on both the ipad and android. The biggest feature gap I see is the ipad has the glide rings and the ipad has the profile view. Other than that the android has most other features I use.

Back