What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NavWorx Solution coming

I have also been caught up Navworx deal, with a 600B installed. In fact, this aspect alone has held up the completion of my 7. Despite redesigning the panel and sub panel for easy access after completion (7 slider) guess which box is the toughest to get to......

My transponder, a Garmin 330 remote mounted, was upgraded to an ES version. When all this was going on I considered options. Up hearing of death of Navworx, I call Tim Haas of Approach Systems to consult. I have his Hub installed. He was completely shocked and was unaware of the closing of Navworx. We discussed a couple of options and suggest I call Rob Hickman since I have two 5500T's installed.

Rob advised me that they have a new ADS-B receiver coming out and will adapt easily. Tim said he can make the harness or possibly and adapter from the Navworx harness.

So, the solution was relatively easy and probably less than a $1000. I suspect a couple of hours of install time and I'll be done.

FYI, the Garmin solution for the same issue could have reached $3000 or more.

If you have a solution for your install, post!!! It will help everyone that has been affected.

I'm in a similar boat. I think I'll probably sell my Garmin transponder and purchase the Dynon remote transponder and ADSB receiver. My only question is when to pull the trigger. Fortunately, budget and my wife' to do list makes it pretty clear that it will be awhile. My reasoning for going this route are some of the integration issues I've had with Navworx and AFS. Those should not be an issue staying with a single vendor solution.

Would work

I'm in a similar boat. I think I'll probably sell my Garmin transponder and purchase the Dynon remote transponder and ADSB receiver. My only question is when to pull the trigger. Fortunately, budget and my wife' to do list makes it pretty clear that it will be awhile. My reasoning for going this route are some of the integration issues I've had with Navworx and AFS. Those should not be an issue staying with a single vendor solution.

Hi Bob,

I think that would certainly work. As I noted in my plane, I'm using the Approach Systems hub and harnesses. Changing out the transponder that is remote mounted would be a major pain in the arse. All the wires are neatly tied and done. I'm not inclined to change too much. In the 10 you've got a little more room. Just hoping the Dynon release isn't too far out. I want to wrap this thing up!!!

I just saw the post regarding Dallas Avionics pulling out and Navworx no longer in business. This is so discouraging. I don't feel it's all navworx though. It's hard to play ball when the rules change in the middle of the game. Like everything else in life.... who are the real losers... the customers. Simply sad.

I have the EXP and will probably end up going with the ECHO device I've been seeing.

Back