What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My first APRS track with my new license!!

tkatc

Well Known Member
I recently passed my technician exam and re-installed my APRS tracker. I had to send my tracker to Byonics because I could not configure my tracker to display my personal information. Allen at VHS had it programmed and sent it back to me in just a few days, at no charge. Awesome customer service!!

http://aprs.fi/?call=n174bk&mt=roadmap&z=12&timerange=10800

226754_1772926596058_1026082126_31506854_3466740_n.jpg

Congratulations on the new license and joining the group that can always be found.

Way to go Tony.

Looked like last track was turning final 27 Crosskeys. My son and I (he taught me) got our ticket at 17N years ago. He went on to Air force, Alaska Airlines, couple of Air Force Reserve activations for the Gulf wars and now flies predators from Vegas. I went to Florida and am building my RV-6A. Also studying for my test so I can hook up my APRS RTG. Of course I am not done building but soon, very soon....

Congrats and welcome to the group that can usually be found (had my fuse blow once and RTG went silent for a few days:D)

greg

Ahh yes, Vladimir was my assistant install mechanic. He had to make sacrifices for a successful install....he had to set his Heineken down for over 4 minutes. (according to the ticking Bear) :D:D

WenEng,
Yep....Cross Keys is my home base. It is a bit challenging to land there and I sometimes come in too high but when you get it right it just feels and looks perfect.

Back