What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Old Accident Report

todehnal

Well Known Member
General Aviation News just posted an RV-12 accident, and it got my attention. Further investigation revealed that it actually occurred on 9/29/13. The aircraft was based at a private field in Hatley WI. The NTSB report with Identification no. CEN13CA569 stated that the cause was a cross wind on landing, causing the airplane to come down on a berm on the North side of the runway, collapsing the landing gear. A post impact fire further damaged the airplane. The fire is what got my attention. Not sure when the fuel tank changes were incorporated, but this serial number was 120490. Anyone know anything about this accident??

Tom

General Aviation News just posted an RV-12 accident, and it got my attention. Further investigation revealed that it actually occurred on 9/29/13. The aircraft was based at a private field in Hatley WI. The NTSB report with Identification no. CEN13CA569 stated that the cause was a cross wind on landing, causing the airplane to come down on a berm on the North side of the runway, collapsing the landing gear. A post impact fire further damaged the airplane. The fire is what got my attention. Not sure when the fuel tank changes were incorporated, but this serial number was 120490. Anyone know anything about this accident??

Tom

I think the NTSB final report includes pretty much all of the known information.

RV-12 SERVICE BULLETIN 13-12-19 (and the associated static load testing that was done) was issued specifically as a result of this accident.

I think the NTSB final report includes pretty much all of the known information.

RV-12 SERVICE BULLETIN 13-12-19 (and the associated static load testing that was done) was issued specifically as a result of this accident.

Thanks!! Happy you are always trying to improve this design.

Back