What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Matco wheel assembly help

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Ok - I messed up and 'misplaced' two washers that go on my main gear assembly. These are listed on PP 35-04 figure 3. They are listed as 'washer' and are placed between the wheel bearing and the retaining nut. Called Van's and they say to call Matco. I will do that.

Can someone please tell me which wheel assembly is used on the RV-12? Need that info before I call Matco. Thanks in advance - I appreciate you all.

The one time I called Matco they knew excactly what I needed for my Van's model. Their website showed many more options for other aircraft and confused me.

Ed ... I believe the part number you are looking for is MHMHE51B. I'm not at the hangar to verify that but I think that is correct .... I do know for a fact the main wheels are marked as MHE51B.

Happy building,

Thank you for the quick answer

I will try and find the part tomorrow and then call Matco on Monday. Thanks again - I appreciate you guys.

IIRC, on the RV-12, there is no large axle washer between the axle nut and the Matco main wheel bearing. The washer used to be shown on Van's early drawings, but it's need/use was subsequently deleted. At that time, I confirmed with Van's and Matco that no large washer is required. As always, check with Van's and Matco to verify.

Back