What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GNC250XL

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
I have a GNC250XL. Over time these units develop a "stickiness" to the faceplate. Has anyone figured a way to clean this without removing the lettering? Not talking about the lens. Talking about the black faceplate and push buttons. Garmin wants nothing to do with it.

Start with a little Isopropyl Alcohol on a Q-tip, and as with most solvents, test in an area that's less visible (e.g. where there is no lettering that could be removed).

Sticky Garmin 250XL

Mel: I know a guy who knows a guy that has a home remedy to deal with this. I?m in the process of tracking the info down and if successful will post it here. I got the same issue with the one in our Pacer. Cheers Buddy

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Sticky Garmin

OK the story is: carefully remove the knobs and face frame. The frame is metal, scuff up with fine scotchbrite & alcohol. He likes to repaint with Krylon Fushion in matte black. To get the “sticky” off the buttons he uses cotton T shirt material dampened with alcohol and just scrubs kinda gently. He also cautioned to not lose any screws as they are unique and hard to come by. Said it was simple & quick too.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Last edited:
Back