What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N214WJ First Flight

Jared_Solomon

Well Known Member
I'm happy to report that on Saturday, September 23rd 2017 N214WJ (RV-14A Ser# 140328) took to the skies for the first time! The first flight was conducted with assistance of Vic Syracuse in the right seat utilizing the Additional Pilot Program. The aircraft flew wonderfully. This is the second RV I have built and finished, completing an RV-7A back in 2009. I received the Emp/Tailcone kit August of 2016. 13 months and 1400hrs from start to first flight building from a "standard" build kit. The aircraft is equipped with an IO-390 and Hartzell prop, along with a dual screen Garmin G3X system. It's in the process of being vinyl wrapped in place of paint.

Video of the first flight

https://youtu.be/sShUG7B2G-s

2017-09-23%2012.45.38.jpg

2017-09-23%2013.02.04.jpg

2017-09-24%2013.34.38.jpg

Congratulations Jared! Looks great, and 13 month build is pretty amazing as well. I'm on the other side of town if you get bored and want to finish up my wings in your spare time :)

Well done!

Jared did a superb job of building this kit, making my job on both the inspection and the first flight, utilizing the Additional Pilot Program, a piece of cake. :)

Congrats to Jared!

Vic

Congratulations!!

I feel like I spent 13 months on my canopy transition. :eek:

Plane looks outstanding and sounds awesome. What airport is that? Also, feel free to do a pass over 5GA2 so I can see what my project is supposed to look like.

accomplished

Congradulations > What an amazing record, 13 months and 1600 hours. You must have had access to some sort of magic wand, time machine, or a crew of elves - or all three.

Come visit SC47 when you can.

13 months?!??!!!??? :confused: I'm going to have to make sure I don't let my wife see this! I spent more than 13 months just second guessing myself during my build!

Congrats!

I'd love to help out!

Congratulations Jared! Looks great, and 13 month build is pretty amazing as well. I'm on the other side of town if you get bored and want to finish up my wings in your spare time :)

I'm always happy to lend a hand! Don't hesitate to reach out

I feel like I spent 13 months on my canopy transition. :eek:

Plane looks outstanding and sounds awesome. What airport is that? Also, feel free to do a pass over 5GA2 so I can see what my project is supposed to look like.
I'm located at KPUJ (Silver Comet Field)

Very nice Jared. Looks like we are neighbors but I keep the -7 up in Calhoun but I'm looking forward to seeing your new plane soon at one of the local Saturday Breakfasts.

Congrats!

Back