What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-10 Ready to Fly

Flandy10

Well Known Member
After 8 years and 8 months of building, N104ST RV-10#40816 is officially an airplane.

ifvcm0.jpg

DAR Vern Darley did my inspection on Dec. 8th.

e8mngw.jpg

It is powered by a Continental Motors CD-230 Diesel Cycle engine.

1zn7pmo.jpg

I am hoping the Wx and my work schedule will permit a first flight soon. Information about the installation and performance data (facts) will be posted as I can.

Congrats!...

... From one diesel flyer to another! You're gonna love flying behind a diesel. I just love the smell of Jet fuel in the morning, and you will too.

Kurt Goodfellow
RV-9, WAM Diesel, 520 hours.
Glasair Sportsman, Continental diesel, 350 hours
RV-10, just sold.

Congratulations! It looks really nice.

If you don't mind, how did the empty weight and CG turn out and did you need to move anything around to get the CG where you wanted? Is that a composite prop on the front?

Congratulations Scott. That was a huge project Modification. Way to go. Hopefully many others will benefit from all your hard work. Awesome

Geoff

Congrats :)

Scott, way to go... Cant wait to hear the Continental fly over my house... Proud of your accomplishments..

Awesome job Scott! It was a fun project to work on, definitely made us think out of the box! Be sure to let us know how it goes.
Tom

Outstanding!!!

Now, go have some fun, Scott!

[PS: If you need good flying weather; we have plenty of it here in Southern California...:D]

Congratulations!

The cowl looks really nice. I too am interested in your W&B information, plus the real-world performance stats of your diesel engine. I'm curious why you opted for a diesel engine too. Care to share? Will you be flying in places without avgas a lot? Inquiring minds want to know...

Back