What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another successful first flight

acam37

Well Known Member
N684ML took to the skies today 3-25-19 after 2.5 years of building. She flew great and all systems performed as advertised. I want to thank my build partner Justin for strapping on his parachute and giving the plane its shakedown flight. Now the fun begins.
25ztldv.jpg

16ifu3o.jpg

Four Play

N684ML took to the skies today 3-25-19 after 2.5 years of building. She flew great and all systems performed as advertised. I want to thank my build partner Justin for strapping on his parachute and giving the plane its shakedown flight. Now the fun begins.

Nicely done Arlie, again!
V/R
Smokey

Many late hours at the hangar and almost every weekend. We worked every spare moment. The plane was partially built when we bought it, but a lot of the work had to be re-done. I even had to completely disassemble the wings and rebuild the spars. The turtledeck and canopy frame were scratch built. The canopy took the longest time to get perfect. We still need to finish the gear leg fairings and wheel pants

Awesome, Arlie! Are you planning on keeping this one long term, or do you already have your eyes on a new project?

Actually, I have an old RV-6A tip up kit that?s next on the agenda. The wings were started but the good news is the spars are not messed up this time. The tail is done but the fuselage hasn?t been touched . Some of the skins have a little surface corrosion from sitting in a garage for about 10 years. I took one and worked on it for a few minutes and it all came off and cleaned up. Everything will get cleaned and primed before assembly.

Nice job. The RV4 is a back to basics build and you will enjoy the flight characteristics. Consider a rocket for your next project. You have already done the canopy and turtle deck!

Back