What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Custom panel cutting

N777ZE

Can anyone recommend someone or place, that does custom panels. It'd be a very basic rectangle to replace a steam gauge panel to a skyview. Also a website to draw it up on. Thanks. Josh

I've used upnorthaviation.com a couple of times for different projects and have always been very happy. If what you need is indeed really simple, just send him an email with dimensional info and he'll do everything for you.

I have used emachine shop to design and fab all of my panel parts. You can download their free basic cad software and design your part. You can price-quote and order the part directly in the CAD program. I have been very happy with everything I have done through them. No issues at all, very fast turnaround and great pricing.

http://www.emachineshop.com/machine-shop/Machining-Overview/page922.html?gclid=CJiG5saa7coCFQ6oaQodT7MMmg

FP03052012A0005A.jpg

Can you give some detail on great pricing and fast turnaround?

How much did that panel cost? Shipping?

How long did it take once you finalized your drawing?

Bill at Up North Aviation just did one for my RV-8A. A pleasure to work with, patient and reasonable. Highly recommend.

Another supporter of Bill at UpNorth - worked very well with me, very patient and took the time to make sure it was all laid out correctly, then buzzed out the panel -n very neat, very reasonable.

Chris

Back