What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Reno Air Race R? Party

guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
Guys/Gals: Ok, I can take a hint that it is time to get the BBQ attending list started for 2016. For old hands you know what to do, for the FNGs, I need your name and number attending on a reply to this email. I will update periodically the current count. The BBQ will start Saturday night as soon as the last jet lands. My hangar is in front of the "dead line". Oh, by the way the password this year is "R3". Don't tell anyone. Dan

Thank you both very much.

Dan, Greg-----many thanks for hosting this yet again. I know you have considered retiring from the grill master position-----hope all who attend are aware of the time and $$ that it takes to put this together, and will contribute to the cause.

Mike and Laura are in:D:D

IMG_0054.jpg

Last edited:
Planning on 4 attending (which includes 3 guests from overseas, which fly another type of sport plane--a Tailwind, but they know me, and I am building an RV-4). Glad to contribute to costs...

Count on Kim and I. We can help with the grilling again if needed. Thank you for putting this on.

Greg, roger that. Mike thanks for posting the overhead picture, I'm going to have to learn how one of these days. Dan

Andy Pomeroy will be graciously allowing me to bum a ride with him to Reno this year. We'd both like to attend!

I would like to attend but wont know my schedule until i know if i qualified in the Sport class. Have previous racers been able to attend this in the past?

Axel,

It occurs after racing is done for the day, but if there are evening events that pertain to your class, that might interfere. You can always come by a bit later, though sometimes the food gets mostly eaten and all that is left might be ice cream....:rolleyes:

If you think you might be there, we'll count you in.

Greg

Put me down for ice cream then :D My wife and i. If things change due to scheduling conflict, i will let you know.

Additional Info: Someone asked what Saturday, it is Sept 17, the semi-finals. We will light the BBQs immediately after the last jet racer lands. It will take about 30 min to set up and get the first burgers off the grill. Feel free to come and help, or drink beer, or mossey around the pit area for a while, there will be plenty of burgers and beer. Just remember, I buy the cheapest beer I can find at Walmart, Milwaukee's Best Lite. If you have any taste buds at all I recommend you consider bringing your own to drink. If you plan on coming to the BBQ and you don't have a Pit Pass, it will be difficult to get by the Contract Security, they get paid to check for Pit Passes not think. Be forewarned. More later as questions arise. Dan

dinner

my wife and aunt and I will be there to help as I promised you last year. this is a great thing you do for all the attendees. thanks!

bob

Newbie's to Reno

Hello Dan,
What a great idea to end the day with like minded RV people, please put me down for 4. This is our ( Buddy and Spouses ) first trip to Reno and would love to meet you all. Thanks in Advance.

Robert

Put me down for 2, and thanks! Guess I'll have to attend both Saturday and Sunday to make the Saturday pit pass worth while. Dang:rolleyes:

If I had known before... :( I'm only there till Saturday morning, then I have to catch my plane back to Switzerland. But nevertheless, I hope to meet some RV folks.

Guys/Gals: As of this date, 39 folks have signed up. Not much has changed so far, the last heat on Saturday will be the unlimiteds. Same as before, as the last unlimited is on the ramp with engine shutdown, we will make a break for my hangar and get things started. Give me 30 minutes to get things set up and cooking. Dan

Guys/Gals: As of this date, 39 folks have signed up. Not much has changed so far, the last heat on Saturday will be the unlimiteds. Same as before, as the last unlimited is on the ramp with engine shutdown, we will make a break for my hangar and get things started. Give me 30 minutes to get things set up and cooking. Dan

Besides beverage of choice, what can we bring to help out?

Party

Put me down for one please. Also, I would like to volunteer/crew for an RV type. I am available Fri-Sun. PM me if you need help.

Guys/Gals: Update on count, we expect 42 SOBs plus local strap hangers. Looks like another full house. Dan from Reno

Guys/Gals: 44 and counting. At the races today, the arrival of the Camarillo CA CAF Bearcat, Hellcat, and authentic Japanese Zero. Arrival time is 12:15 pst. The 4th airplane, Spitfire, arrives Wed after 5:00 pst. Dan from Reno

Back