What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USA: Oklahoma

Norman: Ozzie's Diner

ID: KOUN

Great place! Good service and you can't beat their prices.
Open most evenings 'til 9. Nice, towered airport with lots of ramp space.
Always seem to be pretty busy since a lot of their business is townies and students from nearby OU.
Suggest calling ahead 405-364-9835
VAF#153
RV6A N167CW 500+ HRS
Ft Worth, TX (T67)

Ardmore: The Blue Pig

(Mike Reddick)

The Blue Pig BBQ has opened up in the terminal where the Seven Sisters used to be. Reasonable prices and plenty of parking. The main runway, 17/35, + a lot of the taxiway area is being reworked at this time but the airport is still accessible.

Duncan: BBQ (KDUC)

Duncan Oklahoma. Great BBQ right across from the field and the FBO is first-rate. The owner, Jim Brewer, is THE local EAA guy so you're in good company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ponca City Breakfast Fly-in

Ponca City Ok (KPNC) http://www.airnav.com/airport/KPNC holds a breakfast Fly-in the first Saturday of every month. Pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, fruit, coffee, orange juice....$5

0700-1000

The field can be full of planes on a decent day...come early and avoid a long line!

Jerry Calvert
Edmond Ok
N296JC
RV6

Ponca City: Mexican rest.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Enrique's Mexican restaurant at Ponca City. GREAT stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue Pig YUM

DeltaRomeo said:
(Mike Reddick)

The Blue Pig BBQ has opened up in the terminal where the Seven Sisters used to be. Reasonable prices and plenty of parking. The main runway, 17/35, + a lot of the taxiway area is being reworked at this time but the airport is still accessible.
Blue Pig is a good lunch stop and as convenient as you can get - it looks out on the ramp. The taxiway and ramp are very bumpy.

Wiley Post PWA- Annie Okie's Runway Cafe ****

Very great place to watch T-6 Texan II do their stuff and watch other aircraft come and go. Under the tower at WP and is usually open from 7-3 only.
Phone 405-787-7732
Don't eat too many pancakes or you will need the C-130 for the ride home.
Enjoy

SATURDAY, MARCH 17, 2007 Fly-In

Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:00 - 11:00 AM

18TH Annual Mary Kelly Wild Onions 'N Eggs Fly-in Breakfast at Tenkiller Airpark, Cookson, OK 44m Unicom 122.8

100 LL available for $3.55/gallon

Sponsored by Tenkiller Airpark Property Owners Association

Can anybody recommend a good airport in Tulsa?

I am planning a trip to Tulsa soon and wondering what airport would be nice, quiet, and friendly to fly into. Of coarse there is Richard Jones (KRVS) that I can get a hanger and plenty of service but I like going to the smaller airports (plus I stay away from towers or places with commercial traffic for fear of un-published TSA rules). Young Airport (1H6) looks nice, small, and plenty of GA hangers. Then there is William Pogue (KOWP) which looks new but list no service or does not look like it has very many hangers. They are all equal distant from Downtown Tulsa where I will be visiting.
Anybody have a preference for 1H6, KOWP or KRVS?

CHK

Chickasha has a courtesy car and credit card fuel.

Take the car and head south on 4th and turn left on Missouri. Roy's is a little cinder block building on Missouri and 3rd and the parking lot will be full around lunch time.
Great BBQ, really great!

re: not close

Chickasha isn't even close to Tulsa.:) Chickasha is 50 miles SW of OKC, which is 110 miles SW of Tulsa. Try Gundy's, it's a private airport with a
2300' paved runway, East of Owasso but it is open to the public. Gas is
$3.00/gal. Call my brother, he has a place there and can give you more info. (580) 614-1619. Or call me, I live at 2OK2 in OKC. (405) 417-6077.
We happened upon a great BBQ joint in Tulsa last weekend. It was the Golden Saddle, located just south of I-244 between Memorial & Sheridan on Admiral Street, south side of road.:) Cheap eats too.:D

Marshall Alexander
RV10 N781DM

Well, it's not a place to go, but it sure is a thing to see.

If you're looking for a bit of humor in the middle of nowhere, i suggest you check out the "Fu?k You" bus. It's an amusing bit of sky-facing profanity painted on top of an old school bus by someone who didn't check the AP1/B before buying his property.

The location is: N36? 42.3' / W96? 28.5', halfway through SR241/247 (near point D, i believe)

See if you can find it, but be careful, as it's located inside the corridor of an MTR. And while technically the military aircraft are just buzzing around VFR, there are a lot of them at 10 minute intervals or so during working hours weekdays.

'Bout time!

Jeez Doug, it's about time you Big Headed Texans decided to give the Sooner State a place in the forum!

Wiley Post has a nice restaurant at the base of the tower. Great breakfast and they'll even feed Texans too.

Go check it out, but beware that SR241/247 is used by a UPT base near by in Enid. Those guys are students, and the art of looking outside is sometimes lost on us AF types!!!

Well, it's not a place to go, but it sure is a thing to see.

If you're looking for a bit of humor in the middle of nowhere, i suggest you check out the "Fu¢k You" bus. It's an amusing bit of sky-facing profanity painted on top of an old school bus by someone who didn't check the AP1/B before buying his property.

The location is: N36° 42.3' / W96° 28.5', halfway through SR241/247 (near point D, i believe)

See if you can find it, but be careful, as it's located inside the corridor of an MTR. And while technically the military aircraft are just buzzing around VFR, there are a lot of them at 10 minute intervals or so during working hours weekdays.

Ada, OK

Anyone know if Bob's Barbque in Ada (KADH) is still open? Years ago, you could taxi to the south end of the runway, and taxi off to the side of the runway, behind a tree line, and walk around the trees to Bob's. It used to be great Barbque. When I go somewhere to eat ribs, I score them based on how I remember the ribs tasting at Bob's. Haven't found any anywhere that taste as good as I remember those tasting.

Another question, does Jim Brewer, the FBO in Duncan, own the barbque place across the street, or Jim get mentioned in the Duncan post, because he and wife Linda are really great people, and he is the FBO in Duncan? Does Jim still have his cherry Beech 18?

Anyone know if Bob's Barbque in Ada (KADH) is still open? Years ago, you could taxi to the south end of the runway, and taxi off to the side of the runway, behind a tree line, and walk around the trees to Bob's. It used to be great Barbque. When I go somewhere to eat ribs, I score them based on how I remember the ribs tasting at Bob's. Haven't found any anywhere that taste as good as I remember those tasting.

Another question, does Jim Brewer, the FBO in Duncan, own the barbque place across the street, or Jim get mentioned in the Duncan post, because he and wife Linda are really great people, and he is the FBO in Duncan? Does Jim still have his cherry Beech 18?

Bob's is still open. I don't know anything about Jim though.

Marshall Alexander

Bob's Barbeque in Ada

Thanks Marshall, good to hear Bob's is still open. With all the new TSA rules, there is probably a fence around the airport in Ada now, so it would be a little bit farther to walk to Bob's, but such is life.

I talked to Jim Brewer, and he sold the FBO in Duncan, but part of the deal on the sale was that he continue to exercise his IA privileges for the new owner, until they could get their IA.

I grew up in Ada. Bob's has been hit or miss the past 5 years or so. Shut down a couple time's, new owners, health inspection problems, etc. However... back in the day, it couldn't be beat. Many locals still like it, it is just different. BTW, if any of you ever had a fried pie at bob's bbq in the 90's or early 2000's, you ate one of my mother's famous fried pies. She supplied all their desserts for 10-15 years.

Back