What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N913BC First Flight

PilotBrent

Well Known Member
Yesterday was the day, light winds, a little warmer and I was ready to go. N913BC took to the sky over New Jersey. Spent a little time today putting some video together.

http://youtu.be/isIx8nrA8iI

Thanks to a lot of people, but a special call out to John Albury (JetGuy) with whom I spent a couple of days flying just two weeks ago in Texas. His instruction is masterful and gave me a whole lot more confidence. My first landing was smooth, but not textbook like he taught me - I have a lifetime of practice ahead of me now!

Here is another genuine RV grinn.
ao7wk9.jpg

Congrats :D Nice bird, post a few pics for the first flight sticky post

I was at N40 today but you were not around.

Last edited:
Job well done!

Congratulations Brent on a job well done! From the arrival of the first box of parts. To the popping of the last rivet. To the powering up of the Avionics for the first time with no smoke. To that first engine run. To the first takeoff and landing during training. You have come full circle in your adventure of a lifetime.;) now it's time for the next phase, the phase of flight.:D The $50 hamburger. The pancake breakfast. The EAA club fly-in to show off your fine workmanship and motivate would be builders. Then the biggie, the run to OSH!:eek: We look forward to hearing your future adventures. Take a moment to pat yourself on the back and to bask in your success. Now man give us some details!
How long was you first flight?
Did she leap into the air?
Did you float much on that first landing?
Oh and try to watch your video on YouTube there seems to be a problem with it.:)
Great Job!

Video

Thanks John, I'm having a great time. Added rudder tab today and that apparently resolved that issue issue. After some flying today, it appears that the left wing is actually a little heavy so I'm dealing with that next.

BTW - The video I posted has some copywrited music in it that evidently cannot be planed on mobile devices (???) ? seems to work fine on a PC.

Brent.

Well Done! Very nicely edited video.

I got a huge laugh when the text popped up about landing left of centerline!:p [Video's can be brutal.]

You have every right to be proud of your achievement.

Congratulations, sir!

Back