What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hypothetical A-Model Nose Gear Fix

Daniel S.

Well Known Member
Not sure if I was the only one out there thinking about this?. What if the RV 14 Engine mount & nose gear fit on our 7?s? Now, wouldn?t that be the ultimate done deal fix? At least for us not to the fuse or finishing kits yet. I would absolutely love to see a fix before I get there!!! BUT I highly doubt Van?s would ever design a ?fix? or options for an upgraded nose gear? One can wish can?t he? :D

Not Hypothetical----someone and I forget who it was--put a Oleo Strut nose gear on a 7. Was pretty cool.
Tom

will they ever call it a 'fix'? I think not.....

let's just hope that the -14a FWF;
engine mount and nose gear/attach becomes an 'option' on all the -a models that we can order if desired.

of course, a 'new & imporved' standard feature would be good too!!!!

If you haven't seen the -14, it's really, really large. Almost as tall as a -10. I doubt it would fit.

Way to bust my wishfull thinking bubble Jamie :(.... It's very doubtful we'll ever have an issue being based out of LZU... Well, that is if folks quit putting big ol' rocks on the taxi way by the EAA hanger.

NO fit??? NEED bigger hammer! :)

If you haven't seen the -14, it's really, really large. Almost as tall as a -10. I doubt it would fit.

yeah, you're probly right, will not RETRO-fit, but hope that doesn't preclude a new VAN's FWF mount & leg unit.

When I sat in the -14a, didn't feel it was that much bigger than my -9a ...just +10% or so in every direction! The 'tall' is mostly the bulbous canopy I think...which I liked!

..good thing I got outta there with my cheque-book intact!

Back