What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stabilator Trim Tab Setting

I am finishing wire conections of Skyview in my RV 12. Until now I did not see how to setting the stabilator trim tab. I did not see any swich to do this.

Benedito Angelo

Did you purchase an RV-12 avionics kit from Van's Aircraft?

If you did, then the trim switch is on the left side of the switch panel at the center of the instrument panel as shown HERE

If you did not, then you need to design it yourself using the appropriate switch for your installation.
A basic Skyview system has an indicator show pitch trim position, but it does not actually control it.
If you install the optional autopilot panel, it does provide for automatic adjustment of pitch trim by the autopilot, but I think Dynon wants you to still have an alternate switch for setting trim to take-off position, etc.

I bought the Skyview kit from Vans. Now I saw the swich in AV-50001 module. I did not put it in the panel yet. Thanks again for help me.

Benedito Angelo

RV 12 HDX 1100 trim indicator

Need help, cant get the trim indicator to function. Checked wiring continuity ok . Trim rocker works fine on HDX 1100 What am I missing? Thanks

When you say you "Checked wiring continuity ok.", unless you mean you did what I'm going to suggest, never mind, but if not, I'd suggest checking for change in resistance across the position potentiometer (pot) in the servo as the trim tab moves. Obviously measure resistance as close to the Skyview as you can to include the maximum amount of the harness in the check. If it's not changing state between the wiper and both ends of the pot, then you've likely got a bad connection between the harness and the pot connection.

Back