What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Annual Southeast Wisconsin RV-12 Meeting and Cookout

jsenft

Well Known Member
Second annual Southeast Wisconsin RV-12 meeting and cookout is scheduled for Saturday July 18th at Fort Atkinson airport 61C. (Look for the Tan hanger and all the RV-12?s) We hold this the week before Airventure in hope we can have other RV-12 owners join us. We have 4 flying -12's and two others being built. If you plan to attend, please post to this thread. All are welcome.

Jim

Hey Jim, thanks for the invite. We have our RV-12 flying, but we are not taking it to Oshkosh this year. We are taking our camper up instead, due to the better sleeping accommodations, but we would thoroughly enjoy coming down on the 18th. Hey, we could bring lots of pictures! So, add us to your list:
Tom & Sandy Odehnal from KY.

Hey Jim, thanks for the invite. We have our RV-12 flying, but we are not taking it to Oshkosh this year. We are taking our camper up instead, due to the better sleeping accommodations, but we would thoroughly enjoy coming down on the 18th. Hey, we could bring lots of pictures! So, add us to your list:
Tom & Sandy Odehnal from KY.

Sounds Great, look forward in meeting you and seeing your pictures.

Jim

Is there an RV-12 gathering this year at AirVenture or does this replace it?

Not sure about an Airventure gathering, but everyone is invited to attend this gathering.

Also, on the grass just outside the "Homebuilders Hanger" at Airventure, Eagle?s Nest projects will be displaying student built planes. Come by and meet some of the student builders and the beautiful RV-12?s that they built.

If you are flying your RV-12 to Airventure, stop by at Fort Atkinson airport 61C Saturday July 18th late morning/early afternoon, to join us in our annual RV-12 meeting.

Jim

Will there be fuel available? You are right around where I need to stop before heading to Ripon. If the timing works out right on Saturday, I'd love to stop in.

Oh my gosh. Hey guys I live 2 hours from there and my dad lives in Fort Atkinson. Have been going up there for 50 years! I have just about decided on building a RV-12 but have yet to ride in one. Was planning on going to Oshkosh to make the final decision.
Is there anyway possible I could impose upon someone for a brief flight. I have flown almost exclusively high wing aircraft and need to see what the visibility actually is in the 12 before I buy. I will pay for gas or whatever you want to cover costs. I would appreciate it much and will not consume much of your time.

Will there be fuel available? You are right around where I need to stop before heading to Ripon. If the timing works out right on Saturday, I'd love to stop in.

Not sure about fuel on site. But KBUU which is just a 10 min flight has the lowest 100LL price in the state of Wisconsin.

Also, local gas stations around Fort Atkinson has Non ethanol based fuel. I am sure we can make a run.

Jim

Oh my gosh. Hey guys I live 2 hours from there and my dad lives in Fort Atkinson. Have been going up there for 50 years! I have just about decided on building a RV-12 but have yet to ride in one. Was planning on going to Oshkosh to make the final decision.
Is there anyway possible I could impose upon someone for a brief flight. I have flown almost exclusively high wing aircraft and need to see what the visibility actually is in the 12 before I buy. I will pay for gas or whatever you want to cover costs. I would appreciate it much and will not consume much of your time.

I will be flying my RV-12 and I will give you a ride. We plan a cookout so if you can bring a dish to pass that would be great.

Jim

Not sure about fuel on site. But KBUU which is just a 10 min flight has the lowest 100LL price in the state of Wisconsin.

Also, local gas stations around Fort Atkinson has Non ethanol based fuel. I am sure we can make a run.

Jim

The Shell stations don't but there is one station next to the High School that does. I forget the name.

Great time was had by all. Hopefully we will see more people next year. Remember, it is the Saturday before Airventure.
view

view

view

Back