What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Page 342C-13 and part 453-0023

DonFromTX

Well Known Member
OK, I have put this off long enough, looks like three years now! That cockpit remote switch for the elt came with four 2/56 screws, but no nuts! I have tried and cannot find a source of 2-56 nuts. I finally went to the ELT maker and found they show 4-40 screws with a "dim?" nut, whatever that is. I suppose I can drill out the holes in the remote housing, and then grind down some nuts and upgrade to 4-40 screws. Am I the only one that got shipped such parts that don't fit?

OK, I have put this off long enough, looks like three years now! That cockpit remote switch for the elt came with four 2/56 screws, but no nuts! I have tried and cannot find a source of 2-56 nuts. I finally went to the ELT maker and found they show 4-40 screws with a "dim?" nut, whatever that is. I suppose I can drill out the holes in the remote housing, and then grind down some nuts and upgrade to 4-40 screws. Am I the only one that got shipped such parts that don't fit?

Your local hobby shop that caters to RC aircraft and cars will have 2-56 hardware...

Back