What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Headset Question

jsenft

Well Known Member
Before I take off my wings and check my headset connections, I am hoping someone can help shed some light on my issue.

I have one old Softcomm headset that works perfect on the pilot side. I think it is stereo, by looking at the plugs.

I have two new Sennheiser S1 ANR headsets. The co-pilot side everything works perfect. On the pilot side, I cannot hear myself when I talk. If I talk on the pilot side, I can hear it on the co-pilot side. If I talk on the co-pilot side, I can hear it just fine on the pilot side. Flipping between stereo and Mono did not change any behavior. The old Softcomm headset just works fine on the pilot?s side.

Note: I do have the optional video jack install on the co-pilot side

Wiring

Hi JSENFT, Look up the revision to page 31B-17 posted 03/18/15, for the wiring to the headset sockets. This is now the correct way to wire them. If you wired yours according to the original drawing there are several wires not connecting as they should.The system works, but not properly..
Correcting the wiring does involve wing removal unfortunately,
Good luck, cheers, DEAN

Back