What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB: RV-12 ELSA Passenger Warning Placard

alexe

Well Known Member
I managed to mess up my Van's supplied RV-12 'ELSA Passenger Warning' placard that goes on the instrument panel. Van's wants around $60 for the sheet of placards that contains the one I need. I don't want to spend that kind of money for one little placard. If one of you have a spare, I would be glad to pay a reasonable price plus postage. Thanks in advance.

I managed to mess up my Van's supplied RV-12 'ELSA Passenger Warning' placard that goes on the instrument panel. Van's wants around $60 for the sheet of placards that contains the one I need. I don't want to spend that kind of money for one little placard. If one of you have a spare, I would be glad to pay a reasonable price plus postage. Thanks in advance.

I think you can get a page of placards from the EAA that will have that warning included on it. It comes with their experimental registration package, but you might be able to buy it separately.

Just take a picture and the dimensions to your local vinyl sign shop. They can make it for you, exactly like he original, and probably for just a few dollars.

Thanks for the tips folks. I still have hopes of finding someone who has an extra original metalized placard so it matches the rest of them on my panel.

The listings on the ACS site are confusing. I'm not sure if its the ELSA or SLSA placard. Besides that, it appears to be pretty ugly. I do want something that comes close to matching the rest of the Van's placards, but I'm too cheap to pay the $60. I think that price is way out of line.

Back